Strategy Development and Implementation
The strategy process involves:
- Engaging stakeholders (establishing a steering committee and/or working groups)
- Setting goals and targets
- Identifying potential solutions/actions (research, extension, education and regulatory support)
- Implementing identified solutions (through research and demonstration projects, outreach, and regulatory activities)
- Establishing performance indicators and measuring success
- Additional information about the process of strategy development under the Pesticide Risk Reduction program can be found on the Pest Management Regulatory Agency website.
The Pest Management Centre of Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) supports strategy development and implementation in a number of ways:
- AAFC coordinates strategy discussions, bringing together key players to identify gaps and solutions
- AAFC collects and disseminates information for stakeholders
- AAFC provides funding for strategy implementation projects
- AAFC contributes to the submission of regulatory packages for biopesticides
- Regulatory support is also provided by the Pest Management Regulatory Agency.
- Date modified: