Infographic: Agricultural Snapshot
Description of the above image
- The agriculture and agri-food sector generated over $108 billion for the Canadian economy.
- close to 7% of our gross domestic product (GDP)
- 1 in 8 jobs comes from our agriculture and agri-food sector, employing 2.2 million people in Canada.
- We are the world’s 5th largest exporter and the total value of agricultural exports reached an all-time high, exceeding $60 billion.
- The food and beverage processing industry was the largest of all manufacturing industries in the country, accounting for over 17% of manufacturing jobs.
- The Canadian agriculture sector is strong and growing. Find out more at www.agr.gc.ca.
Note: all data from 2015
- Date modified: