Canadian Agricultural Loans Act program – Helping Farmers Innovate and Expand
What is the Canadian Agricultural Loans Act program (CALA) program?
A loan program for farmers and agricultural co-operatives.
What are the benefits?
- Up to $500,000 per farm operation.
- $500,000 for purchasing land and constructing or improving buildings.
- $350,000 for all other eligible loan purposes such as purchasing farm equipment and breeding livestock.
- Up to $3 million per agricultural co-operative.
- Low interest rates and down payments with flexible repayment options.
- Incentives for beginning and start-up farmers.
CALA loans are administered through your local financial institutions.
For more information about the CALA program and how to apply, call us toll-free at 1-866-367-8506.
- Date modified: