Learn how Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) engages in science and technology cooperation with partner countries and international organizations to access international knowledge and technology and leverage science capacity, and the ways in which such collaboration advances Canada's interests, including trade opportunities.
Find out about the various mechanisms and instruments that allow our agricultural researchers to leverage top scientific talent from other countries and international organizations, collaborate on joint projects with scientists in other countries, apply for calls for proposals, and make the most of Canada's investment in priority research areas.
- Cooperation instruments
- Broadening Canada-China science and technology cooperation
- How international collaboration contributes to reducing greenhouse gas emissions in agriculture
- Italy-Canada twinning initiative
- Calls for proposals with the European Union
Information about the initiatives that help advance Canadian agriculture sector interests in multilateral conventions, treaties, protocols, and institutions. Find out more information about agriculture and agri-food related international organizations.
Opportunities to collaborate
Canadian scientists and experts in agriculture and agri-food have the opportunity to participate in research exchange programs offered by other countries and international organizations. International students, scientists and experts can apply to work on research projects at AAFC's agricultural research centres.
- Foreign research exchange programs for Canadian scientists and experts
- Foreign Research Participant Program for international students, scientists and experts
For more information please contact:
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
1341 Baseline Road, Tower 5, Floor 5, Room 259
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0C5
- Date modified: